Deoriatal – chandrashila Trek
This is an easy four-day trek to Chandrashila which can be a great experience for amateurs. This trip will be an exciting trekking trip since the short trek has tricky trails to make you happy as well as anxious. It begins from a small village known as Sari and the following 3km trail takes us to a beautiful lake- Deoria Tal.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Trekking
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Deoriatal – Tungnath – Chandrashila Trek – 3 Nights & 4 Days
This is an easy four day trek to Chandrashila which can be a great experience for amateurs. This trip will be an exciting trekking trip since the short trek has tricky trails to make you happy as well as anxious. It begins from a small village known as Sari and the following 3km trail takes us to a beautiful lake- Deoria Tal. Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft.) above sea level. This peak provides views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch & Chaukhamba peaks.
This trek is comparatively easy making it suitable for beginners and also for children. Yet, advanced trekkers would also find it quite interesting passing by the thick green forests and watching the snow-clad peaks at the distance. Normal fitness is only necessity to do this trek and those who love nature deeply would get a feast to their eyes with this closer to nature trek and the sights will be varying depending on the season you choose.
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- 3 meals in each day (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner).Morning & Evening Tea.
- Conservation & Trekking Permits and Entrance fees.
- Certified Trek Leader
• Accommodation in Dehradun or Rishikesh. Transportation to meeting point in Dehradun or Rishikesh.
• Travel Insurance or any other kind of Insurance (Trekkers are advised to obtain applicable insurance on their own).
• Costs and expenses for medical treatment in case of evacuation or in case of any medical condition or emergency or otherwise for any reason.
• Hire charges for mules if hired by trekkers for personal luggage or personal ride.
• Meals other than Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, other beverages or drinks.
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses. Any drinks, tips for the guide and porter etc.
• Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
Dehradun Airport or Haridwar Railway Station – Sari Village & 1-1.5hr hrs Trek to Deoriatal – (231kms/7-8 Hrs Journey)
Pick Up at 7.30 am from Dehradun Airport or Haridwar Railway Station. After pick up we drive to Sari Village via Devprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi, from Devprayag the Holy river Ganges started), Rudraprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini River). Breakfast and lunch on the route. Arrival at Sari Village. Start your trek to Deoriatal (3km.) through dense forest of Rhodendron and lots of wild flowers and ferns. The trek will take 1-1.5 hrs to reach Deoriatal. Upon arrival at Deoriatal have overnight stay in our tents.
Deoriatal – Rohini Bugyal – Chopta - (14kms/6-7 Hrs Journey)
After having breakfast we will start the trek to Chopta via Rohini Bugyal. Rohini Bugyal remains covered in Red Carpet of Rhododendron flowers in the months of March & April. While walking across the forest you will hear endless chirping of birds and clear streams passing through the mountains. After walking a beautiful trek, you will finally reach to Chopta. Once you reach Chopta you can take rest for some time and energised after a refreshing cup of tea and snacks. Stay Overnight in Chopta.
Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila - (Total - 9 km Journey/4000 m Altitude)
After having morning breakfast we will trek towards Tungnath. Tungnath trek is one of the highlights of this circuit where the trek route passes through the highest Shiva temple in the World. This Trek is a steep climb and the trek path is stone-paved with benches provided on the route at intervals for breaks. The trek is 3.5 km upwards and on route you will find lush green meadows and you can see the entire range of snow covered Himalayas. After visiting the Tungnath Temple we will trek to Chandrashila the highest peak at 4000 m. The trek from Tungnath to Chandrashila which is another 1km. Chandrashila peak provides spectacular 360 Deg views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba Peaks. We will now head back towards Chopta for Dinner & overnight stay.
Chopta to Dehradun Airport or Haridwar Railway Station – (231kms/7-8 Hrs Journey)
After an early breakfast drive to Rishikesh. After reaching Rishikesh our tour & our services will conclude.