This is an easy four day trek to Chandrashila which can be a great experience for amateurs. This trip will be an exciting trekking trip since the short trek has tricky trails to make you happy as well as anxious. It begins from a small village known as Sari and the following 3km trail takes us to a beautiful lake- Deoria Tal.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Trekking
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Small Group
This is an easy four day trek to Chandrashila which can be a great experience for amateurs. This trip will be an exciting trekking trip since the short trek has tricky trails to make you happy as well as anxious. It begins from a small village known as Sari and the following 3km trail takes us to a beautiful lake- Deoria Tal. Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It literally means “Moon Rock”. It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft.) above sea level. This peak provides views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch & Chaukhamba peaks.
This trek is comparatively easy making it suitable for beginners and also for children. Yet, advanced trekkers would also find it quite interesting passing by the thick green forests and watching the snow-clad peaks at the distance. Normal fitness is only necessity to do this trek and those who love nature deeply would get a feast to their eyes with this closer to nature trek and the sights will be varying depending on the season you choose
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- 3 meals in each day (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner).Morning & Evening Tea.
- Conservation & Trekking Permits and Entrance fees.
- Certified Trek Leader
- Accommodation in Dehradun or Rishikesh. Transportation to meeting point in Dehradun or Rishikesh.
- Travel Insurance or any other kind of Insurance (Trekkers are advised to obtain applicable insurance on their own).
- Costs and expenses for medical treatment in case of evacuation or in case of any medical condition or emergency or otherwise for any reason.
- Hire charges for mules if hired by trekkers for personal luggage or personal ride.
- Meals other than Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner as indicated in the itinerary or charges for mineral water, other beverages or drinks.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. Any drinks, tips for the guide and porter etc.
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
Dehradun or Rishikesh – Sari Village – (231kms/7-8 Hrs Journey)
Pick Up at 7.30 am from Dehradun or Rishikesh. After pick up we drive to Sari Village via Devprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Bhagirathi, from Devprayag the Holy river Ganges started), Rudraprayag (Confluence of Alaknanda & Mandakini River). Breakfast and lunch on the route. Arrival at Sari Village. Stay overnight in Sari Village.
Sari Village – Deoriatal – Sari (3km/1-1.5 Hrs Journey)
After having Breakfast start your trek to Deoriatal (3km.) through dense forest of Rhodendron and lots of wild flowers and ferns. The trek will take 1.5 hrs to reach Deoriatal. Upon arrival at Deoriatal enjoy rest of the day exploring the area around this beautiful lake. After enjoying the Serenity of the Lake and taking some beautiful pictures we will head back to Sari Village. After Dinner we will stay overnight in Sari Village.
Sari Village – Chopta – Sari Village (21kms/1 Hrs Journey One way to Chopta)
After having breakfast we will start our journey to Chopta via taxi. Once you reach Chopta you can take some beautiful pictures of surroundings and beautiful mountains. Chopta is also known as the “Mini Switzerland. The morning and evening view from Chopta is invigorating when the crimson rays of sun kiss the snow laden Himalayas. After enjoying the day in Chopta we will head back to our Camp in Sari Village. Have snacks and Dinner and stay overnight.
Sari to Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashila – Back to Sari (4.5 kms One-Way Journey/4000 m Altitude from foothills of Chopta to Tungnath-Chandrashila)
After having morning breakfast in Sari we will drive in a Taxi towards Tungnath. Tungnath trek is one of the highlights of this circuit where the trek route passes through the highest Shiva temple in the World. This Trek is a steep climb and the trek path is stone paved with benches provided on the route at intervals for breaks. The trek is 3.5 km upwards and on route you will find lush green meadows and you can see the entire range of snow covered Himalayas. After visiting the Tungnath Temple we will trek to Chandrashila the highest peak at 4000 m. The trek from Tungnath to Chandrashila which is another 1 km. Chandrashila peak provides spectacular 360 Deg views of the Himalayas, including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba Peaks. We will now head back towards our Sari Camp for Dinner & overnight stay.
Sari to Dehradun or Rishikesh – (231kms/7-8 Hrs Journey)
After an early breakfast drive to Rishikesh. After reaching Rishikesh our tour & our services will conclude.